carry-on must haves

By diana - 12:41 PM

It's finally time for my Girls Trip to New Orleans to experience Voodoo Festival with my sister! It's been just over three years since my last festival experience so I am very excited. My favorite band is playing, its Halloween themed and it's in Louisiana! One of the few states I have yet to visit!

Being as it's over a thousand miles away, a flight was necessary. I went with a budget airline so I compiled my carry-on slightly differently than normal. One of my top tips for air travel is to utilize seat map tool on Seat Guru. No matter which airline I am flying on, I check there to see if bringing my own entertainment, power, and beverages are necessary. In this case they definitely are!



1. iPad
Whether or not there is in-flight entertainment, my iPad is necessary. This is my main tool for schoolwork and freelance writing. I found laptops to be too bulky, so I bought an iPad case that comes with a keyboard that connects via Bluetooth. I highly recommend it!

2. Comb / Hair Accessories
I have long, coarse hair and a lot of it, so bringing something to clean up with after a three hour long up-right snooze is essential! If the flight is going to be extremely long, or I have a long itinerary after I land, I'll put my hair into a high bun so it doesn't lose it's volume before the action starts.

3. Makeup Remover wipes
The air in planes is so drying that my skin feels the affects pretty quickly. In order to prevent clogging my pores and adding some moisture to my face, I use these makeup remover wipes to give myself a nice refresh.

4. Wallet
Duh! But really though, I keep all my travel cards (Oyster for London, SEPTA for Philly, etc.) in my wallet just in case. Never know where you're gonna end up sometimes!

5. Sinus medication
The shift in air pressure really affects my ears. There have been times where I couldn't hear for a few hours after landing. Now I take a small dose of sinus medication roughly thirty minutes before departure - when boarding commences - and have found that my ears don't get clogged or sore at all. I highly recommend this one!

6. Noise-cancelling headphones
I've found myself moving away from earbuds in general, but this big guys have been my go-to for air travel for some time now. I have found my ears pop less, the music is less tonal and I can't hear the crying baby a few rows back. Win all around!

7. Portable charger
You never know when your flight is going to be delayed, or you have to sit on the tarmac for a few hours. Also better to be safe than sorry!

8. Granola Bar
There have been too many instances when I arrive at an airport so late that all the shops have been closed and there is no where to buy food. Or, I'm in flight with three hours to go and the hunger overtakes me. In my youth I packed Pop Tarts, but those crumble so easily. Larabars are my favorite any time of the day but I especially love them on trips when I might not be getting the fruits and veggies I should be.




  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments