best binge-worthy shows for surviving a cold snap

By diana - 9:15 PM

I've been under the weather for a couple weeks now and, coincidentally, the weather has been a bit out of sorts itself around here. The other day the windchill was reading in the negatives. & I don't mean -1, I'm talking -8. Yikes. So for all of us in need of some serious couch-potato time, I've compiled a list of my favorite binge-worthy shows:

(*quick note, these are basically all comedies because I can't sit through another murder mystery. it's not a mystery - he just hates women. watch something that will make you smile instead!*)

1. Grace & Frankie.
(coarse language, vague sexual content)
Jane Fonda & Lily Collins - need I say more? I will: Martin Sheen. C'mon! Our leading ladies play two women whose husbands have recently come out as a gay couple. They are left stranded after forty years of marriage and forced to pick up the pieces. It's a true Odd-Couple for modern times, set in La Jolla of all places! Season 4 just released on Netflix and I will admit I have already finished it. Go check it out!

2. Tidying Up
(safe for everyone)
Obviously this Netflix exclusive is sweeping the nation, and all our Facebook feeds seem to have suddenly remembered the word "joy". This show is great because it has excellent tips for keeping your place tidy, while also getting you ready and geared up for Spring cleaning which is really just around the corner! I started watching this show during a sick day and my dresser will never be the same.

3. The Good Place
(suggestive language, suitable for network tv)
This is currently airing, but you can find the first two seasons on Netflix, and the most recent seasons on Hulu. From the creators of Parks & Rec and The Office, this is a lighthearted comedy about the afterlife and what makes a good person a truly good person.

4. Fresh Off The Boat
(safe for everyone)
This is another show that is currently airing, but you can find past seasons on Hulu. This show is about a Chinese family that is assimilating into their Orlando neighborhood. Constance Wu - who won our hearts in Crazy Rich Asians - plays the strict mother in this short comedy.

5. Catastrophe
(coarse language, vague sexual content)
An American expat living in London marries an Irish woman and they have two children - sounds tame but it is full of dark comedy, fun accents, and the occasional cameo from Carrie Fisher. This show is funny, relatable, irreverent show whose fourth season is set to air on Amazon Prime very shortly!

6. The Office
(coarse language, vague sexual content)
Lets be real. There is always time to rewatch The Office.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. Claire Murphy just asked me last week if I'd ever seen Tiding Up. She loves it and recommended I watch it! Catastrophe sounds like it would be good. (Sharaya, Beth and I are all getting over colds. Yuck.) I hope you're starting to feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mom you should definitely watch it! There's a particular episode I think you'll like - the woman made me think of you.

    ReplyDelete